Find your truth

Sunday, September 07, 2008

Belgian GP - Rain plays havoc

Kimi Raikkonen says he wasn't prepared to settle for second following a disappointing end to the Belgian Grand Prix. The Finn was slugging it out with Lewis Hamilton for P1 when the two made contact during the final stages of the race. Hamilton eventually passed him, but just as Raikkonen looked like he was ready to challenge the Brit again, the rain started to fall and he spun off the track. The Ferrari driver says he was ready to go all out during the battle with Hamilton. "I was prepared to win or lose, but unfortunately I went off," the Finn told reporters. "I only wanted to win. I slid wide on the fast left-hander, and tried to come back on the circuit but I spun. "I needed to get points so wanted to win it or lose it but unfortunately went off. I didn't want to finish behind we would have lost points." Raikkonen refused to go into too much detail about the race stewards' decision to investigate his altercation with Hamilton. The two made contact at the Bus Stop corner and the McLaren driver jumped the chicane, but Hamilton allowed the Finn to pass him. Hamilton earlier claimed Raikkonen "pushed him wide", but the Ferrari didn't want to comment about the incident. "There are rules about cutting chicanes and gaining an advantage and they are looking it. So I don't have anything to say," he added.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home